- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion
- finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 mushrooms
- thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- or as needed
- Preheat an air fryer to 392 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Knead and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer beef mixture to a baking pan and smooth the top. Press mushrooms into the top and coat with olive oil. Place the pan into the air fryer basket and slide into the air fryer.
- Set air fryer timer for 25 minutes and roast meatloaf until nicely browned.
- Let meatloaf rest at least 10 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving.