Cheddar Ramen Noodle Wedge with Fried Eggs
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (flavor packets discarded)
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2Cook bacon (in batches, if necessary) in a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Remove skillet from heat and pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Step 3Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Break each ramen noodle block into 4 pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain noodles in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Step 4Heat bacon fat in skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add noodles, spreading them evenly to cover bottom of skillet. Cook noodles, pressing on them occasionally with a slotted spatula, until underside is golden brown, 3 to 6 minutes. Slide ramen cake onto a large plate, invert a second plate over top, then flip cake over (so cooked side is now on top). Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Slide ramen cake back into skillet and cook over medium-high heat, pressing it occasionally, until underside is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Step 5Sprinkle cheese evenly over ramen cake and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Slide ramen cake onto a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
- Step 6Wipe out skillet. Heat butter and remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for runny yolks. Serve each ramen wedge with a fried egg and 2 slices bacon.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review