Chocolate Buttermilk Pie with Whiskey and Almonds
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¾ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Place pastry crust in a pie plate. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, cornmeal, and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, butter, whiskey, and vanilla paste together in a large bowl. Add sugar mixture and blend until smooth. Stir in almonds by hand until incorporated. Pour mixture into the chilled pastry crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden and center is set, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer pie to a wire rack and cool to room temperature before serving.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review