Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the anise extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Mix until just blended. Over-mixing will result in tough cookies.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies at least one inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cookie will not turn a golden brown. If they do, they’re over-done. Turn out onto rack to cool. Wait until cool if frosting.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review