Coconut Marshmallow Cream Meringue Pie
- 5 cups light cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 ¼ cups flaked coconut
- 2 (9 inch) pie shells
- 9 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- For the filling combine light cream or half and half and butter in saucepan. Bring just to boil over medium heat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together sugar, 3 eggs, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until cornstarch is completely dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until thickened. Add marshmallows and 1/4 cup of the coconut. Cook and stir until marshmallows melt and mixture is well-blended. Pour into pie shells. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- For meringue, in large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a small amount at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks form. Spread half the meringue over each pie to edge of crust. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of the remaining coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Chill any leftovers.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review