Easy Russian Mushroom Bake
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 cups quartered button mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 onion
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Gouda cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Increase heat to high and add mushrooms. Cook and stir until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Do not cook so long so that they begin to release a lot of liquid. Add sour cream, mix well, and transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a second skillet over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Distribute onions over mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review