Fall-Off-The-Bone Beer Can Chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- giblets discarded
- or more to taste
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spoon garlic powder into beer in the can. Prop the chicken, butt-side down, onto the beer can so the can goes into the cavity. Place the chicken, with the can as a stand, into a large oven-proof skillet.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook until butter starts bubbling, about 2 minutes. Remove garlic and discard.
- Inject chicken with the garlic-infused butter using a baster or injector until all areas are injected.
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Coat chicken with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review