- 40 peeled and deveined large shrimp (21 to 25 per lb)
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (Optional)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle shrimp with lemon juice, then roll in grated Parmesan, if using.
- Shake the remaining garlic powder, salt, and pepper together with flour in a plastic bag. Add seasoned shrimp to bag; close the bag and shake to coat shrimp.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and fry until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain; serve hot.