Kentucky Bourbon Brownies
- 1 cup sweet cream butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While chocolate cools, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a bowl using an electric stand mixer or hand mixer until almost light in color. Mix in bourbon and vanilla extract. Gradually mix in sugar until well blended. Stir in chocolate-butter mixture. Stir in flour mixture until combined, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Fold in pecans. Spread brownie mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges pull away from the sides of the pan, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review