Little Green Eggs and Ham Devils
- 12 eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 avocados – halved
- and mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1?½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1?½ teaspoons paprika
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise. Scoop egg yolks out; place 3 to 6 egg yolks in a bowl, reserving remaining egg yolks for another use.
- Mash the 3 to 6 egg yolks with a fork; stir in avocado, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange egg whites cut-side-up on a serving platter. Spoon avocado mixture into egg whites.
- Chop bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; place bacon and paprika in a small bowl and toss to coat bacon. Top deviled eggs with bacon pieces.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review