- 1 (8.5 ounce) package self-rising cornmeal
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- Place cornmeal mix in a large bowl. Stir in egg, milk, creamed corn, cheese and diced green chile peppers. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cornbread pulls away from sides of pan.