Rich Viennese Potato Soup
- 7 cups plus 3 tablespoons beef broth OR chicken broth
- 2 cups onion
- 2?½ cups sliced leeks
- 1?½ teaspoons dried marjoram
- 8 cups russet potatoes
- peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped and precooked carrots
- 1 cup cooked and diced potatoes
- Place 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons broth in a large, non-stick pot over medium heat. Add the onions, leeks and marjoram and saute for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the potatoes and 7 cups broth, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add the heavy cream, ground black pepper and cardamom. Puree the soup in small batches in a blender or food processor.
- Place the mushrooms and the remaining 1 tablespoon of broth in a large skillet over medium heat and saute until the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms are golden in color. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the mushrooms, precooked carrots and precooked potatoes to the pureed soup. Stir together and serve.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review