Roasted Tomato, Avocado, and Fresh Mozzarella Crostini
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- cut into 1/4-inch slices
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 diagonally sliced pieces baguette
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- cut into 8 thin slices
- 1 large avocado – halved
- and thinly sliced
- ½ small lemon
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 pinch flaked salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange tomato slices on the baking sheet and top with about 3 tablespoons olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tomatoes are wilted, wrinkly, and scorched in some places, 25 to 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place bread slices in the skillet and cook until crisp and golden in parts, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove bread from skillet and rub garlic onto each slice; sprinkle sea salt over bread.
- Layer mozzarella cheese on the toasted bread and top with avocado slices. Sprinkle sea salt over avocado and squeeze lemon over it. Top with roasted tomatoes and dill. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over crostini and sprinkle with flaked salt.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review