- 4 pounds beef chuck roast
- trimmed of fat and meat cut into chunks
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 onion
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix chuck roast, salsa, onion, green chile peppers, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours. Remove lid and cook on High for 1 more hour.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker using a slotted spoon to a serving platter; shred meat with a fork. Add liquid from slow cooker, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the chuck roast until desired consistency is reached.