- ½ cup butter
- ? cup masa harina
- ¼ cup water
- 1?½ cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ? cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bowl beat butter until it is creamy. Add the Mexican corn flour and water and beat until well mixed.
- Using a food processor, process thawed corn, but leave chunky. Stir into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder. Add to corn flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter into an ungreased 8×8 inch baking pan. Smooth batter and cover with aluminum foil. Place pan into a 9×13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven F (175 degrees C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop for easy removal from pan.