Tex Mex Ultimate Carnitas Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Step 1Whisk sour cream, jalapeno peppers, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, jalapeno pepper juice, garlic, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add carnitas. Cook, without moving carnitas until crisp and browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Step 3Mix pepperjack cheese and 1 cup Cheddar cheese together in a bowl.
- Step 4Lay 4 bread slices on a work surface; spread sour cream mixture onto each slice. Sprinkle cheese mixture over each bread slice and layer carnitas, avocado, cilantro, and more cheese mixture onto each bread slice. Top with another bread slice, making a sandwich. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto the top bread slice of each sandwich and press 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese onto mayonnaise layer.
- Step 5Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat; add sandwiches, cheese-side down. While sandwiches are cooking, top each with a layer of mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese. Cook sandwich until golden brown and cheese is softly melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups carnitas (cooked pulled pork)
- 1 ½ cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 thick slices bread (such as Texas toast)
- 1 large avocado – halved, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review