- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 cups vegetable juice (such as V-8®)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- or to taste (Optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- Fully dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a mixing bowl.
- Combine vegetable juice, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and cloves in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf and cloves.
- Stir onion and celery into vegetable juice.
- Pour vegetable juice mixture over dissolved gelatin; stir gently to blend.
- Refrigerate until set completely, about 1 hour.