Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey sausages until they begin to brown and firm up, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board and let cool slightly before cutting into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices; they will not be completely cooked at this point.
- Step 2Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over high heat. Quickly stir-fry onion until it begins to brown, about 1 minute. Add peppers and continue cooking over high heat, stirring constantly, until peppers begin to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overcrowd the skillet in order to get a nice char on the vegetables. Mix in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 3Return sausage, and any accumulated juices, to the skillet. Season with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium. Stir to combine and continue cooking until sausage is no longer pink in the center, about 2 minutes more.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 sweet Italian turkey sausage links (such as Jennie-O®)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
There are no reviews for this recipe yet, use a form below to write your review