- 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams
- ¼ cup water
- 4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- finely diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- ⅛ teaspoon celery salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- Drain juice from the clams into a medium size pot, set the clams aside. Add water or bottled clam juice. Add potatoes and onions to the pot and cover. Cook over a medium heat until potatoes are soft. Stirring occasionally.
- Add milk, evaporated milk, butter or margarine, parsley, thyme, seafood seasoning, celery salt, salt and pepper to taste, cracker crumbs and clams.
- Simmer until soup is about to boil, be careful not to let it boil. Serve hot.